The Vancouver Oratorio Society brings together a diverse community of Christian singers and musicians who share a passion for God and for sacred music.
Our mission is to praise and glorify God through the promotion and public performance of sacred choral works at a high standard, thereby presenting the Gospel of Christianity.
Statement of Faith
1. In the one, true and living God, eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The three Divine Persons are one in substance, essence and nature.
2. In God the Father, Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth.
3. In God the Son, Jesus Christ, true God and true man, conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross and shed His blood as atonement for the sins of men, and was raised bodily from the dead, and ascended into heaven and will return imminently and personally according to His promise.
4. In God the Holy Spirit, the Divine Person, who is in co-existent with the Father and the Son, sent by God the Father to convict sinners, to regenerate human and to indwell and empower the believers for godly living and service.
5. The Holy Scripture, consisting of both the Old and the New Testaments, is divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy and constitutes the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
6. That man was created in the image and the likeness of God, but in Adam all men have fallen into sin, and as sinners men are in need of God’s salvation, and salvation is only through Jesus Christ.
7. That there shall be a bodily resurrection of the just to eternal life, and of the unjust to eternal punishment.8. That there shall be a bodily resurrection of the just to eternal life, and of the unjust to eternal punishment.
8. That Christ is the Head of the church, and the church is one body, consisting of those regenerated by the Holy Spirit and expressing itself in worship, fellowship, evangelism and service.