The Vancouver Oratorio Society brings together a diverse community of Christian singers and musicians who share a passion for God and for sacred music.
Our mission is to praise and glorify God through the promotion and public performance of sacred choral works at a high standard, thereby presenting the Gospel of Christianity.
Statement of Faith
1. The Holy Scriptures, as originally given by God, are divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy and constitute the only supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
2. In the one, true and living God, eternally existing in three persons – the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
3. In God the Father, Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth.
4. In God the Son, Jesus Christ, true God and true man, conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross and shed His blood as an atonement for the sins of men, and was raised bodily from the dead. He ascended into heaven. He will return imminently and personally according to His promise.
5. That the Holy Spirit is a divine Person, in co-existent with the Father and the Son, sent to convict sinners, regenerate men, and to indwell, and empower the believers for godly living and service.
6. That men was created in the image and the likeness of God, but in Adam all men have fallen into sin, and as sinners men are in need of God’s salvation, and salvation is only through Jesus Christ.
7. That the church is the body of Christ, consisting of those regenerated by the Holy Spirit and of which Christ is the Head, expressing itself in worship, fellowship, evangelism and service.
8. That there shall be a bodily resurrection of the just to eternal life, and of the unjust to eternal punishment.